How would your life be different if you were incapable of feeling fear? Would your life be better or worse than it is now?
I wish I was still as brave as I was in my teens although there were some choices I made that I wish I could’ve done differently. But if I was incapable of feeling fear, I think my life would be better. I probably would’ve lived in as many places as I can preferably overseas and my life would be richer in a sense that I would be able to experience much more of what the world has to offer. Back then I didn’t worry too much. When I made the decision to move from one city to another and then from coast to coast, I wasn’t too worried about the “what ifs” of life. I just always felt that it would work out. There really wasn’t any room for negativity. I was always able to fight my fear. I always saw everything as an adventure and things always worked out. A lot has changed though within the last decade. I am constantly worried and with that comes the fear as well. I think, I am like that now mostly because of how my OCD has progressed from being manageable to somewhat manageable. But I’m doing my very best to not let that take over my life because I strongly believe that as long as there is life, there is hope and I am hopeful that someday soon I will be back to my normal self. Despite of that I still think about my dream of living in many different places. I’m just working on building up enough courage so I can accomplish that goal. I have yet to get to that level where I am more willing to jump even though I am fearful of what might come :).
Comments
Post a Comment