TIME

“They say I’m old fashion and I live in the past, but sometimes I think progress progresses to fast”, Dr. Seuss. Time, we seem to never have enough of it, some people want more of it, me, I’m just trying to understand it, but that too, ironically takes time. Einstein’s theory of space and time being the same thing, has churned out of the imagination classics like the Back To The Future series. So,I guess I’ll speak about the easier topic, if I could go back in time, would I change anything?

My simplest answer to this question is no, but that of itself is a hard thing to swallow, simply because two decades of making choices have taught me that some decisions, were well stupid to say the least. But if I were to invite the thought, I’m sure you could do a lot, I could go back and make sure I get more done instead of procrastinating. Or tell myself keep my mind focused and study more or sleep more.Sleepless nights worried about things, you could tell yourself it’ll work out. I could tell myself to enjoy a moment more, or to stop waiting for things. All this and so much more is possible, I’m sure we’ll want to go back and change that moment that caused us immense unhappiness. Time travel opens us to so much possibilities of change.

Thing is to me, your experiences good or bad make you who you are, and I’m pretty happy with the way I am at the moment, cannot say that the thought isn’t tempting though. If you want to go back, I wont pass any judgement, I’m in a position were I can say I have had a pretty decent life on this planet. Thing is, I believe if you want to go back and change something like, not getting that dog bite when you were ten from the neighbor’s poodle, you may have just walked further down the road and be mauled to death by a rabid dog.Changing events of the past have both positive and negative effects.

Honestly, most people would go back to change the thing that has them sour in their present state now. But what if just for a moment they looked differently at how their lives unfolded, what if they look at it, not as hardships or pain, but necessary rights of passage to move forward to a much wiser, open, loving self. What if you didn’t get that job, simply because there is a better one around the corner, or your purpose is something else?

To me, life will always go on as it usually does, ups and downs, goods and bad. But going back to change bits of your story, may not always be the best idea. Sometimes its impossible to not look back at the past and not feel some type of way towards it, but don’t let the past haunt you. Let it guide and teach you, learn from your mistakes so you don’t do them again or can mend them, without losing or altering the awesome person you are to date.

Comments