When I wake up in the morning, I think about my future. I can’t tell for certain what tomorrow will bring. Honestly, I don’t know where I’m going to be. Funny thing is life is filled with illusions, but it’s hard to decipher. You see one thing, but in actuality it becomes something else. Have you ever seen a skit in which the main character is trapped in the desert and in the distance he/she visualizes an oasis, but that same oasis turns out to be a mirage? The future is made up of illusions, where you want to be or how the day will turn out.
I try to avoid such illusions or mirages, but it never seems to suffice. I’d try to avoid certain situations and close myself off from the entire world, but as soon as I feel it’s safe to speak out and roam about without a care in the world, life manages to smack a harsh reality to keep me in check. Throughout my experiences, life is filled with decisions: good or bad. Life is a game, if you know how to play it you win. If not, you will be held back by regret and despair.
When I wake up in the morning, I think about my future. My future as in years from now, months from now, days from now, and seconds from now. The immediate future consists of necessities: bathe, eat, using the restroom, and getting ready for the day. Then while waiting to begin my objective filled day, I dream about what could be. I could be here or there, doing this or doing that, with this person or with that one. The future is filled with dreams, dreams to be or do whatever comes to mind. The world is so crazy, filled with such restlessness. Things do come around and make sense eventually, but some things can be troubling.
Life is an accumulation of choices and the results of those choices we’ve made. That’s how I see it.
Comments
Post a Comment