Where is my school bag ?

Now, we crave for a light laptop and a lighter phone but there was a time we used to carry our 7kg school bag on the shoulders, all the way from our home to the school and back again…We literally weren’t concerned with the timetable, the over-hours and we actually did have longer hours then than now at college. We had bloody different copies for class work, home work, practicals and what-not’s and yet every evening, when mother frowned upon us, we would arrange the books in our bags nicely enough so that they don’t ruffle up. Hell, I can’t even take enough care of my clothes or toothpaste now !!There was a time when if our friends got the first rank in the class, we would all be happy about it .. and now I am willing to tear time apart to stop that from happening.That was the time when we would patch up within hours of a brawl. We would only talk to people we wanted to, and not care a dime for those we don’t. We needn’t have to talk to them – and both parties were happy !!There was the time when we would study days and nights – all alike, wake up early morning, have a bath and then go off to school. Now, it’s almost completely out of the picture.I still have the baggage, the huge luggage on my shoulders. But it is no longer full of those notebooks and textbooks. It holds all the details to all the unwanted relationships I have had, all the unwanted targets I have grown to have, all the unwanted obligations and the unwanted tasks … the college assignsments... college projects. I no longer have those 7kg pushing my shoulders to the ground .. I have a heavier back pack. It is heavier than the stuff I need because I am carrying the stuff that I don’t need too … I am dragging forward with this baggage stopping me to go forward. Maybe, that is why I need a lighter laptop and a lighter phone. Maybe that is why I so miss my school bag and the days that have gone.
#insideme

Comments

  1. hahahaah so true...
    writting with a pen was like something pleasurable
    pride we use to feel getting some duties from teacher unlike now when we run away for the same
    friendship treAT was limited to chocis n lunchbox...still was celebrated in a better way than its done today
    with those emotions with innocence n truth in rackksss
    ohh yes yes i m missing those school bagss

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment